Want an insiders look at what it’s like to work for one of the top shoe companies in the running industry? Sam Knight is the Regional Field Manager for Hoka One One. This was really an amazing interview, and I think you will really enjoy it. Sam is an amazing human, and his love and passion for shoes really shows during this interview.
If you also have a passion for shoes, the running industry, or are just curious, give this episode a listen. Sam will inspire you to become a better individual, and pursue your passions.
Listen Now on Anchor – Or find us on your favorite Podcast App.
In this interview we discuss:
– What it’s like being a new father
– How Sam started working for Hoka One One, he even gives a bit of advice for those wanting to get into the industry at the end of the show
– Sam’s genuine love for shoes that started at an early age. Sam also shares an interesting fascination with new shoes that you will have to listen to hear.
– Working for Rogue Running in Austin and how that helped him transition to working for Hoka One One
– What “field work” looks like during a pandemic (virtual events vs. in person events)
– How Hoka One One uses events to gain customer feedback
– How focusing “on the moment” and doing the best where you are helps you to succeed.
– How Hoka One One is surviving during COVID and still giving back to social causes
Note, this podcast was formerly called That Trail Running Podcast – this is the first episode under the name I Love Trails
You can also find Sam on Instagram
If you are interested in being a guest (or have a suggestion) on the I Love Trails Podcast please reach out to us via the contact page.